|WOMEN DEVELOPMENT INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION
-Expanding opportunities, enriching lives...
Women Development International Association (WODIA) is a
Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered in Nigeria with the objective of enhancing
the status of women and promoting accessibility of services without financial, cultural ,
geographical and other barriers.
WODIA defends human rights and has implemented various programs that have led to the
health improvement and poverty reduction of several women and the underprivileged
members of the society. These included the elderly, the disabled, youths, widows,
unemployed and other marginalized members of the community.
Few of the achievements recorded as a result of WODIA's Interventions are as follows :
- More than 26,000 women and men have attended and benefited from the Health
Enhancement and Longevity Programs (HELP) seminars being organized regularly by
WODIA in collaboration with High Profile National and International Health Agencies.
- Over 2,000 women and poor people have accessed Micro credit soft loans with
affordable terms through WODIA's collaborative efforts with Microfinance Banks
- More than 800 youths were empowered with various vocational Skills
- Above 200 widows have been given small financial
given wheel Chairs
- More than 35 disabled persons had been
(CSW) have secured employments
- About 130 Commercial Sex Workers
WOMEN ARE JEWELS - - - LOVE THEM
WOMEN ARE BLESSINGS TO THE WORLD, APPRECIATE THEM
Copyright 2007-Till Date@thewodia.org
Telephone: 234 (0) 813 375 4358;
234 (0) 802 307 94855